Environmental Health Officer - Tauranga City Council
Tauranga City Council is offering an opportunity for a fixed term, fulltime, suitably qualified Environmental Health Officer to join on our energetic and friendly Environmental Health and Licensing Team.
This role is 40 hours per week, fixed for approximately 12 months with the ability for the successful candidate to negotiate a shorter term if that is more appropriate for both parties. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys dealing with people and is looking for a position that involves working in the office and being out in the field with our customers who are operating a diverse range of businesses and helping them achieve compliance. If this is your passion, this is the role for you and you will make a difference in our wonderful community and be a great addition to our team.
The position will be principally focussed on verifying food premises, as this is where our biggest need is. The successful candidate would also be responding to health nuisance complaints and providing sound advice to customers in respect to Environmental Health as required.
You'll also need to be engaging, customer-, and team-focused, as you're a brand ambassador for Tauranga City Council within the community and will be involved in the delivery of key education programs related to Environmental Health.
What will it take to be successful?
- National Diploma in Environmental Health Science (NZ) or an equivalent relevant tertiary qualification in accordance with the Environmental Health Officers Qualifications Regulations 1993
- Verification experience, with appropriate and current recognition for both template Food Control Plans and National Programmes under the Food Act 2014.
- Proven experience in and knowledge of compliance and enforcement matters.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret legislation and apply it in a reasonable, fair and consistent manner.
- High level of resilience and confidence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility within your working hours is a must - Tauranga City Council is open to flexible working arrangements, including working from home
- Be a team player but also be a self-starter who is able to work independently when required
We are looking for someone to join us immediately so if this sounds like apply now or contact Sam Kemp on 0273070051 for a confidential conversation.
Applications close on Tuesday 18th May 2021 at 11:55pm
Sam Kemp 0273070051